I finished most of this sweater before Thanksgiving last year, but I wasn't quite happy with it when I wore it. I finally made the changes I wanted to make, and now it's officially done!
Pattern: Levenwick, by Gudrun Johnston
Yarn: Tess Designer Yarns Mohair & Merino
Needles: US 7
This was a nice knit. The worsted weight yarn works up fast! I made it short sleeved so that I could wear it more often-- I've found that a long-sleeved worsted-weight sweater is too warm for work.
When I "finished" it the first time, I put the buttons too close to the edge of the button band, so there were gaps where you could see my shirt when the fabric curved in. Also, I was short a button, and I left the bottom button off. I found both of those things to be annoying, so I finally snipped off the buttons and re-positioned them. I added a white button to the bottom that doesn't match the ceraminc ones (from Jennie the Potter). The top of the sweater (near my collarbone) was also gapping strangely, so I moved the top buttons over to the side a little bit to help fix that.
I completely forgot about the pocket, too! I finally knitted it while watching the Oscars, and sewed it on. I originally sewed it on higher up (like the pattern photo), but I found that it wasn't flattering at all on me. So I moved it down to the bottom of the sweater, and I like it much better there.
I like the lace pattern, and I think the buttons work really well with this sweater.
I'm glad that I went back and fixed all of the orignal problems with this sweater, because I think it's great now!