Happy New Year! David and I celebrated by watching the San Francisco fireworks from the top of Twin Peaks. The fireworks were distant, but it was a great view of the city and a fun way to start 2012.
What a year it 2011 was! For me, I left this year healthier and happier than I started it, which is always something to appreciate and cherish. (I'm especially glad this is so because this year had an 11 in it, which is my favorite number.)
After I cleaned out and rearranged my sewing room, I sewed more than I ever have before.
- 9 dresses
- 6 shirts
- 2 skirts
- 1 jacket
- 3 scarves
- 3 pincushions
- 4 napkins
- 4 pillowcases (2 not shown)
- 1 tiny leotard
- 2 Firefly cross stitches (I put this in the sewing category b/c they're my only needlepoint)
I also quilted like crazy this summer.
I finished three quilts and one baby quilt (one big quilt and the baby quilt aren't shown, but maybe in 2012), and made many quilt blocks for my bee assignments. I also decorated a *lot* of canvas bags with dresden plates, and I still am not tired of doing it!
And finally, I did knit a fair amount. I know I didn't knit as much this year as other years, and there were several days this summer that I didn't knit at all. This is a rarity for me, but since I was spending my time sewing, I didn't let it bother me.
- 2 sweaters (one will be blogged in 2012)
- 2 skirts
- 10 pairs of socks + 1 single sock
- 3 cowls
- 4 hats (one isn't shown)
- 3 pairs of mittens
- 1 afghan
- 3 tiny bunnies
- 2 iPhone cozies
Looking ahead to next year, there are several things I would like to do.
- Get better and more confident at using my serger.
- Actually learn how to put in an invisible zipper.
- Write the children's book that's been in my head for about 6 months now
- Tackle the Butterfly Vest, since I've had the kit for several years now
- Finish the two quilts that I've gotten from quilting bees
- Figure out a way to sell custom sewing and knitting to others while still feeling happy (and fairly compensated) for the work --- more on this to come!
- Do a better job at keeping up with posting the things I've finished. I craft like crazy, but sometimes documenting this crafting is difficult!
Have a Happy New Year, and I hope 2012 gives you a fresh start and happy possibilities.