The past fews weeks I've been devoting almost all of my crafting time to a quilt. Our school's auction was yesterday, and the children in the after school program (where I'm the teacher) helped make a quilt to donate. I've used this method on the previoustwo quilts I've made with the children, and it seems to work pretty well.
This year I only used solid colored fabric, all of it from Kona Solids. I chose the six rainbow colors plus black. My co-teachers and I cut out shapes from fused fabric, and the children made collages with them. It's really amazing to see what they decide to do. To have something a little different, I also added colored squares along the border, and the children sewed a button into the middle of each of those squares.
Unfortunately, I didn't take very many pictures of the quilt this year, but I did manage to get a picture when it was on display at the auction. Some people told me last night that they thought it was the best one yet, and looking back at the other quilts, I think I agree. It ended up raising almost $1000 for the school, and I'm very pleased.