I have a few bits of progress to show you. First of all, I finished knitting all but the button band and collar of David's sweater.
All I need is a little steeking, and another ball of the brown yarn. The yarn is on the way, and you know I'm not scared of steeks!
I finished Violette-le-duc, but I'm not sure I like it. I do love the edging, however. Its so texturey, and brown + red = great in my (weird math) book.
I also tried mordanting my yarn with alum before some blackberry dyeing, and these are the results.
Clockwise from far left: frozen blackberries with alum, plain, fresh berries with alum, fresh berries alone, and frozen berries alone.
The colors did not significantly darken, but they are both slightly more purple, and the frozen berries produced a brighter color. I'm still unsure what I want to do, but I have decided against a striped combination of colors. I knitted up a swatch, and it just didn't grab me.
Since I've finished (or almost finished) up a few projects, I had to cast on something new. More on that soon!