1. Go to Rhinebeck for the New York Sheep and Wool Festival. If possible, buy some DK-weight superwash wool in orange and turquoise from Maple Creek Farms.
3. Consider knitting Eunny Jang's Deep-V Argyle Vest.
4. Don't worry too much about the nearly-impossible-to-attain gauge on the pattern. I figured out my own gauge on size 6 needles, and knit the vest to my measurements-- my standard hip and bust measurements and waist shaping with no ease.
5. Take time to laugh at yourself (right when the camera clicks) when the passenger in a car driving by figures out you're taking self-portraits.
6. Take advantage of the fact that your neighbor has a bedspread drying on her back deck.
7. Love the new vest you knit, and consider wearing it in the fall when it is not quite so hot outside.